We hear a lot about manifesting and many books have been written about the topic. It is an issue I get asked about a lot. The issue of manifesting is a multilayered one and not simplistic. As human beings, we have a somewhat limited view of reality. We’re multidimensional and we co-exist with other people who impact our lives as we do theirs. We don’t always know how our dreams interlace with those of other people. So when we are asking for things to be a certain way, indeed we don’t always know that this is in our own best interest or that of other people.
There are some people who don’t think we should ask for what we want in life, that we should just be in the “now” and allow life to unfold. While I agree with being in the now and allowing life to unfold, my experience has shown me that we are expected to create our lives. Whatever we find ourselves desiring – as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else or ourselves – is actually coming from Spirit wanting to do or be this through us as us.
Here’s a little six-step process you might find helpful when working with your dreams and goals.
- Use your mind to decide what you want. Discern what is going on in your life and the lives of those around you. Get in touch with and follow your inner guidance about the direction you are headed. Write down your goals and be as specific as you can. When you’re done, be sure to add: “This or something better now comes to me under grace in a perfect way.” This allows Spirit to step in and create in a larger, more expansive way.
- Engage your will to follow through on whatever needs to be done to make your dreams come true. Be willing to work with your subconscious blocks that arise. Your will is the part of you that says, “I will do whatever is necessary to make this a reality in my life.” Manifesting does not mean we don’t have to do anything on the material plane. If you are looking for work, get your resume written, check on sources for jobs, and apply for jobs. Although it is possible an employer will show up at your doorstep and offer you a job without your having to do anything, this is highly unlikely.
- Create an emotional atmosphere that matches what you want to create. Act is if you already have and are what it is you are creating. Truth is, once you have chosen something, it is yours. Acting the part can come easily when you remember it is already yours. Quantum physics is now teaching that our environment reacts to this in a positive and intelligent way.
- Take action on a consistent basis long enough for results to show up. Many people give up way too soon. It is not uncommon for people to give up on their dreams just before they were to come true. Stay the course. Be committed to a course of action.
- Stay in touch with your soul-self for ongoing guidance and be willing to change if necessary. As we move forward, it is possible we will find our needs and desires changing. By staying in touch with our guidance through meditation and prayer, we can be sure to be current with the true course of action for our lives.
- From the minute you state your desires, start saying thank you. Why? Because from the beginning what you want to create is already yours. Say thank you and this will propel your desire to manifest on the material plane faster and easier.
Obviously, these six steps can’t possibly give everything there is to know about the complex topic of manifesting. I didn’t even talk about loving what is already in your life. Read and study the vast amount of information that is available. Choose the methods that work for you. Most of all, have fun with the process.
I know that if you are out of work or don’t have the love of your life, it is more difficult to have fun. Truth is, though, the more light-hearted you can be, the more joy you can experience right now no matter your current circumstance, the sooner your life will be more to your liking. Go ahead: sing, dance, laugh, create.
You are safe. You are loved. And you don’t have to hurry. The more you enjoy your life, the more you will have to enjoy.