Friday, June 9, 7 to 9 p.m. Center for Spiritual Living, Seattle.
For tickets, go to http://awakenwa.com
AWAKEN YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL is an event to affirm and honor the rising tide of hope for a better world through the power of meditation. Our keynote speakers will be the spiritual directors of Ananda worldwide: Swamis Jyotish and Devi Novak from Ananda Village, CA.
Joining them in leading us in concluding prayers, affirmations and meditation will be local interfaith leaders Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, and Reverend Michael Ingersoll.
This evening’s event is held at the Center for Spiritual Living on Sandpoint Way and will feature:
- A yoga “performance” choreographed by Murali Venkatrao, yoga teacher director at Ananda in Bothell.
- Songs of Divine Joy performed by Ananda singers and musicians.
- Keynote talks by Swamis Jyotish and Devi sharing counsel and insights on how to live from one’s center, to know one’s higher self, and to be the change we wish to see in the world.
- “Be-The-Change” meditation will be offered by Swamis Jyotish and Devi, Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, and Center for Spiritual Living’s beloved Reverend Michael Ingersoll.
- This program is for all who are sincere in seeking to “know Thy Self” and to “Be the Change” we seek in the world, uniting all regardless of religion, race, or creed in meditation, joy, strength and courage.
The following day, Saturday, June 10, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. will be a guided meditation retreat with Swamis Jyotish and Devi. It will be held in Bothell at the Ananda Meditation Temple at 23305 Bothell-Everett Hwy and it includes lunch.
Swamis Jyotish and Devi are the spiritual directors of Ananda Worldwide. Ananda has active centers, retreats, schools, farms and publications throughout the world. Ananda has six locations locally:
- Ananda Meditation Temple and Yoga Hall in Bothell
- East West Bookshop in Seattle
- Living Wisdom School (preschool through grade 8) in Lynnwood
- Living Wisely Thrift and Gift (which supports the school)
- Ananda Community (residential intentional community in Lynnwood)
- Ananda Farm on Camano Island (permaculture produce and products