It’s September of 2016, the magical month of nine!
September is the ninth month of the year and 2016 is a nine year (2+0+1+6=9).
Nine is the last of the single digit numbers and the one with the highest value. After 9, we begin at the beginning again (10 is a two digit number whose single digits add to 1 (1+0=1). In numerology the number 9 signifies the universal energy of achievement, accumulation, completion, fulfillment and endings. It is the number of inspiration, faith and knowing. Nine is a magical number, full of wisdom, truth and opportunity for transformation.
The IX card in the Tarot deck is the Hermit, often referred to as the Wise One. It speaks of retreating for reflection, meditation and rest in order to draw on the wisdom within. Retreat allows time and space to assess what is important in the now.
The 9 of the Sacred Path Cards by Jamie Sams is the South Shield. This card reminds us of the wonders within, the joys of the inner child, our inherent knowledge. It is important to remember, listen to and trust our inner child. Yes, we have learned a lot but what, of this learning, adds to the beauty of our inner child?
And so I encourage all during this special time of 9 to use the powerful energy. Take time to reflect and value your inner wisdom. Remember the good and the bad. What are you ready to let go of, to release to the universe?
Know that after 9 comes 1, the number of beginnings. What you release during the 9 now leaves room for the new to begin. Be ready for surprises.
Wherever you may be, set your alarm for 9:09 on 09-09-2016. Pause and consciously release all that no longer serves you. Acknowledge the space it leaves for the worthy and exciting new, starting at that moment.
Here are some exercises to assist during this month. I use the number 9 because it is that time, but you can replace that number with your own. Have fun with this. Spiritual development does not have to always be serious.
• Think of 9 endings from your lifetime that have taken you where you are today. Which were surprisingly wonderful?
• List 9 traits that you like about yourself.
• List 9 things that you are truly grateful for today.
• List 9 things that you wish to let go of.
• Remember being 9 years old. What traits of that 9 year old are present in you today? Are there some traits that you can bring back? Are there some that you need to let go of?
• Re-examine your 2016 year so far during this 9th month. What are you able to change in order to move forward with your life purpose as this year goes on to completion?
• They say that a cat has 9 lives. How many do you think you have?